What You Should Know About Trenavar Dosage, Results and Side Effects
September 14, 2021
Trenavar, or Trendione, is a popular prohormone that is used in weightlifting and bodybuilding circles due to its ability to promote muscle growth, fat loss, and strength gains. But are the benefits of Trenavar worth the risks? Let’s review how Trenavar works, the potential benefits you’ll see, and the almost guaranteed side effects that come with it.
- What is Trenavar?
- How to Use It
- What Results Can You Expect?
- Benefits of Trendione
- The Difference Between Trenavar and Trenbolone Steroid
- Trenavar Side Effects
- Alternatives You Could Use Instead
Who doesn’t want to build more solid lean muscle mass? If there was a shortcut to muscle growth, wouldn’t you take it? For many muscle-bound lifters and bodybuilders, that shortcut has come in the form of a supplement called Trenavar.
Trenavar, also known as Trendione, is an androgenic prohormone that is known for its fast-acting results and short cycle duration. Despite anecdotal reports of its benefits, Trenavar has a laundry list of side effects. Let’s take a closer look at Trenavar to determine whether it’s a safe way to build more muscle.
Trenavar (Estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione) is a prohormone, not an anabolic steroid, which places it into an odd grey area as far as legality is concerned. Widely available as an over-the-counter supplement in the United States starting in 2011, it’s no longer possible to find Trenavar for sale. This is because Trenavar was discontinued in 2015 when many prohormones took a hit thanks to a category-wide ban. With that said, Trenavar is still legal (as of writing this article) in several other countries including the United Kingdom.
As a prohormone, Trenavar is converted into its more powerful steroidal counterpart, Trenbolone, after it passes through the liver. Why does this happen? It is in the liver that the 17-ketone is hydrolyzed, turning Trenavar into Trenbolone. In other words, only one ketone is changed to turn Trenavar into Trenbolone.
We’ll dive more into this below, but Trenbolone has been shown to be up to ten times more androgenic than testosterone, promoting huge spikes in muscle mass, growth hormone, and strength.
Trenavar is normally taken during a four-week cycle. Due to the severity of side effects reported by users, it is not recommended to take it any longer. Some experienced users also recommend an intra-cycle break of a few days just after completing the second week.
The typical Trenavar dosage is between 30 mg and 40 mg per day, but this is split so that you’ll take 15 mg or 20 mg in the morning and another 15 mg or 20 mg in the evening.
If you’ve never used Trenavar before, it’s recommended that you start with an even lower dose for your first cycle such as 20 mg. Here’s an example of a typical Trenavar dosage schedule:
Beginner: 10 mg
Experienced: 20 mg
Beginner: 10 mg
Experienced: 20 mg
Once you complete your four-week cycle, a post-cycle therapy supplement is required. We’ll talk more about this below, but after a full cycle of Trenavar, your levels of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone will plummet and this can cause a number of side effects.
Trenavar has a decent backing as far as studies and user reports are concerned. It’s used as both a bulking and cutting supplement due to its low water retention rate and ability to promote an anabolic or muscle growth environment.
Curious what results to expect if you start using Trenavar? Here are the most cited benefits of Trenavar:
- High Conversion Rate: Trenavar has one of the highest conversion rates of popular prohormones, ensuring users see the maximum benefit. This could be due to the fact that Trenavar is so similar to Trenbolone and only one ketone needs to be changed in the conversion process.
- Androgenic and Anabolic: Studies show that Trenbolone, the steroidal compound that Trenavar is converted into, is rated at 500 for muscle building potential compared to testosterone’s ranking of only 100. This is due to the fact that Trenbolone is an extremely androgenic and anabolic compound, promoting higher levels of testosterone (androgenic) and muscle growth (anabolic). Speaking of muscle gains…
- Lean Muscle Gains: Studies show that Trenbolone is an effective way to increase gains in lean muscle tissue without that bulky or bloated look from water retention. This is why many bodybuilders use it during and bulking seasons.
As discussed above, Trenavar is a prohormone while Trenbolone is an anabolic steroid. Once you ingest Trenavar, one ketone is hydrolyzed in the liver, providing the needed chemical change to turn it into Trenbolone inside the body. This is why Trenavar was legal for several years: it’s not an actual anabolic steroid; rather, it provides the catalyst for the body to turn it into one.
Despite the muscle building benefits of Trenavar, it comes with a list of side effects that are almost impossible to get away from. Looking through user reports, you’ll notice a trend: many people build muscle, but they suffer the side effects. What’s more, many find that they lose their hard-earned gains once they stop Trenavar.
- Blood Pressure: A standard side effect of most prohormones, anabolic steroids, and testosterone injections, Trenavar may increase your blood pressure during and after the cycle.
- Hair Loss: When you increase your levels of testosterone, your body is going to convert a decent percentage of that to a derivative called dihydrotestosterone. DHT has been suggested to be a major cause of male pattern baldness and hair loss for both men and women. Many users of Trenavar report hair loss, especially if it runs in the family or they started a cycle after hair loss was noticeable.
- Hormone Levels: One of the biggest issues with Trenavar is how it initially spikes testosterone and luteinizing hormone, forming a dependency on the prohormone to keep levels high, but once you stop taking it, these levels crash. If you don’t have a quality PCT (post-cycle therapy) supplement, you risk long-term complications with your hormones, which could include low testosterone, high estrogen, loss of muscle, weight gain, mood swings, and gyno.
- Liver Health: Your liver is the site where Trenavar is converted into Trenbolone, but it’s also where the metabolic waste from the compound has to be neutralized and disposed. Trenavar may increase your risk of hepatotoxicity, especially if you go through several cycles of the prohormone.
Not sold on Trenavar due to its cost or side effects? If you want all of the muscle-building benefits without the hair loss, low testosterone, or poor liver health, we highly recommend taking the natural legal steroid route.
Trenorol is a legal steroid with tried-and-true ingredients for muscle growth. It contains Beta Sitosterol, a plant sterol that has been suggested to increase muscle mass; Samento Inner Bark, also known as Cat’s Claw; and Nettle Leaf Extract, a long-used herbal extract for testosterone and libido.
Trenavar: Risky Prohormone
Sure, Trenavar may have a deserved muscle-building reputation, but it comes at a cost. High blood pressure is the least of your worries when taking Trenavar. You’re at a high risk to experience hair loss, crashing hormone levels, and poor liver health.
We recommend sticking to legal steroids that are based on proven and natural ingredients so that you can build muscle, keep it, and enjoy the gains without the side effects.